Thursday, July 31, 2008

New swaps

Here are 2 swaps I made for my arty_international group.
First are the little houses. These were fun to make and decorate. I used some of my postage stamps that were from cardboard parcels so they had a thick backing. It added nice dimension. I also added some scented flower petals and used some of my old buttons. The Justice houses feature one of my carved stamps. The image is from an old photo of a school play in the 1960s. The guy looked very lawyerly, so I mirror-imaged it and tinted it blue to match the sequins.
Here are my ATCs for the Birds swap. I stamped the rooster on purple satin and free-motion stitched it to the cardstock. My first attempt at free-motion stitching, and I am quite pleased with the look. I added some more scented flower petals and affixed them with office brads that I tinted green using Stazon ink. I finished them off by stamping with scrapbooking acrylic daubers around the border. I love these roosters, they look so cheerful and fresh (must be the lime, heehee!).

No comments: